Herbs of Gold Olive Leaf is a high potency olive leaf product containing 180mg of the active component Oleuropein per capsule. Olive Leaf is a powerful antioxidant, offering benefits for the immune and cardiovascular systems, and to promote insulin sensitivity for healthy blood glucose control.
- Supports the Immune System.
- Assist with Colds and Flues.
- Powerful Antioxidant.
- Maintain Cardiovascular Health.
- 180mg Oleuropein per Capsule.
Olive Leaf is typically known for its ability to assist with the management of cold, flues and other infections. However, there are a range of uses for this powerful plant extract well beyond this standard use. For example, oleuropein, the active constituent found in olive leaf, is a potent antioxidant1.
Olive leaf has been tested many times for its antioxidant activity and ranked high on the Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) scale. This indicates that Olive Leaf can neutralise free-radicals and protect cellular health. Though Oleuropein is believed to be the most potent antioxidant compound in Olive Leaf, verbascoside, luteolin-7-0-glucoside, apigenin-7-0-glucoside, hydroxytyrosol and tyrosol have also been identified as free-radical quenchers found in this amazing plant2.
Olive Leaf Extract has been shown to prevent LDL cholesterol oxidation in vitro3. Due to this antioxidant effect, Herbs of Gold Olive Leaf Extract may assist in the prevention of atheroscelerosis. Olive Leaf extract may also be useful for the management of high blood pressure.
This product may be used during the colder months of the year, when viral and bacterial infections are more prevalent. It may be used at the first sign of a cold, or as a preventative. Herbs of Gold Olive Leaf may assist with blood sugar irregularities, supporting insulin resistance. Poor cellular insulin signalling is often a contributing factor in the development of obesity and type II diabetes.
Herbs of Gold Olive Leaf Extract contains a high-potency standardised extract that may be taken as a general tonic, or for assistance with the management of immune issues, cardiovascular disease and high blood pressure, insulin resistance and when the diet is lacking in essential antioxidants.
- Barbaro B et al. Effects of the Olive-Derived Polyphenol Oleuropein on Human Health. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 2014 Vol 15 p.18508-18524
- Hayes J.E., et al. Phenolic composition and in vitro antioxidant capacity of four commercial phytochemical products: olive leaf extract (Olea europea L.), lutein, sesamol and ellagic acid. Food Chemistry, 2011 Vol 126;3 p.948-955
- Ahmadvand H et al. Effects of olive leaves extract on LDL oxidation induced-CuSO(4) in vitro. Pakistan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2012 Vol 25;3 p.571-575
Herbs of Gold Olive Leaf is Great For:
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Insulin Resistance.Type II Diabetes
- Free-Radical Protection
- Colds and Flues
- Prophylactic During Winter
How to Use Herbs of Gold Olive Leaf Extract
Adults and children over 12 years - Take 1 capsule daily with food or as professionally prescribed.
Herbs of Gold Olive Leaf 7500 Nutritional Information
Serving Size: 1 Tablet
|Olea europea (Olive) leaf extract|
|- derived from dry leaf minimum|
|- stand. to contain oleuropein|
Does not contain added egg, milk, peanut, soy, tree nut or animal products, yeast, gluten, lactose, artificial colourings, flavourings or preservatives.