Herbs of Bromelain Forte
- Assist with Protein Digestion
- Symptomatic Relief of Sinusitis
- Reduce Pain, Swelling & Inflammation for soft tissue trauma
- Vegetarian Friendly
Herbs of Gold Bromelain Forte contains a powerful proteolytic enzyme derived from the pineapple, with high concentrations naturally found in the core. A proteolytic aciton indicates that this enzyme has the ability—much as protease and pepsin do that we naturally synthesize—cleave peptide bonds, which are the links that join amino acids together to form proteins. This means that Herbs of Gold Bromelain Forte can assist with general protein digestion, helping to enhance the absorption of amino acids, dipeptides and tripeptides.
Bromelains is a natural anti-inflammatory enzyme, yet also has anti-thrombotic and anti-edematous actions1,2. This indicates that Herbs of Gold Bromelain Forte may be used for acute inflammations, such as during sports injuries. In fact, research was conducted in 2011 by the Journal of Medicinal Food which indicated that bromelains is useful for acute tendon injuries3.
This is not surprising, given bromelain's powerful anti-inflammatory effect. Due to its anti-edema activity, it may also be useful for the treatment of fluid retention, whether it be premenstrual-related of a chronic buildup in the peripheries. Furthermore, Herbs of Gold Bromelain Forte may also assist with sinusitis and other mucous-related conditions, helping to liquify congealed and thick mucous, and soothing the inflammation.
Herbs of Gold Bromelain Forte certainly is a versatile product, offering digestive, anti-inflammatory and anti-edema properties, amongst many others.
- Novaes L.C.L. et al. Stability, purification, and applications of bromelain: a review. Biotechnology Progress. 2016 Vol 32 p.5-13
- Pavan R et al. Properties and therpeutic application of bromelain: a review. Biotechnology Research International. 2012
- Aiyegbusi et al. A comparative study of the effects of bromelain and fresh pineapple juice on the early phase of healing in acute crush achilles tendon injury. Journal of Medicinal Food. 2011 Vol 14;4 p.348-352
How to Use Herbs of Gold Bromelain Forte
For Digestion - Take 1 capsule twice daily, before meals or as directed by your healthcare professional.
Herbs of Gold Bromelain Forte Nutritional Information
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
|Bromelains (derived from Ananas comosus [Pineapple])(500mg)|
Does not contain added egg, milk, peanut, soy, tree nut or animal products, yeast, gluten, lactose, artificial colourings, flavourings or preservatives.