Herbs of Gold Vitamin B2 200mg
- Required for Energy Production
- Maintain Healthy Homocysteine Levels
- Vitamin B2 provides Symptomatic Relief from Migraine Frequency
- Maintain Healthy Eyes During Ageing
- Assist with Iron Handling
- Energy Production Maintenance
Riboflavin, or Vitamin B2, is a potent nutrient that assists with a number of biological processes. Most people tend to only see this vitamin on the labels of multivitamins or a B complex, however, it does have quite a few important roles to play as a stand alone vitamin.
Perhaps the most exciting piece of research was a study published in the European Journal of Neurology in 2004, indicating that at a dosage of 400mg per day, riboflavin was able to reduce the frequency of migraines by a half, from four days per month to 2 days per month, though it did not reduce the severity or length of the attacks1. Herbs of Gold Vitamin B2 200mg is a viable and safe method of managing migraine frequency.
Vitamin B2 also plays other important roles in the body, such as supporting tryptophan metabolism, maintaining mitochondrial function—required for energy production—and brain health2. Vitamin B2 is necessary for the conversion of vitamins B6 and B3 to active forms. Riboflavin is required for iron handling, and may contribute to anemia when this vitamin is deficient3.
The best dietary sources are milk and dairy products, meat and fish, with green vegetables containing a resonable amount. Herbs of Gold Vitamin B2 200mg is a great way to ensure that your vitamin B2 needs are entirely covered for the day.
- Boehnke C et al. High-dose riboflavin treatment is efficacious in migraine prophylaxis: an open study in a tertiary care centre. European Journal of Neurology. 2004 Vol 11;7 p.475-477
- Thakur K et al. Riboflavin and health: a review of recent human research. Critical reviews in food science and nutrition. 2017 Vol 57;17 p.3650-3660
- Powers HJ. Riboflavin (vitamin B-2) and health. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2003 Vol 77;6 p.1352-1360
How to Use Herbs of Gold Vitamin B2 200mg
Adults Only - Take 1 tablet daily with food or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Herbs of Gold Vitamin B2 200mg Nutritional Information
Serving Size: 1 Tablet
|Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)|
|Does not contain added egg, milk, peanut, soy, tree nut or animal products, yeast, gluten, lactose, artificial colourings, flavourings or preservatives.|