Herbs of Gold Ultra Zinc+
- High Strength, Organically bound
- Cofactors Vitamin A, B6 & Magnesium
- 50mg elemental zinc per capsule
- Important for immune health
Zinc is one of the most important nutrients for the human body, regardless of gender, age or life circumstance. Although adequate research is lacking on zinc status in Australia and New Zealanders, one literature review established that the at risk groups for zinc deficiency are toddlers, adolescents (especially Pacific and Aboriginal Ethnicities), institutionalised elderly and those suffering with diabetes1.
ZInc is important for a number of physiological processes, including supporting wound healing (prevention of permanent scar tissue formation), immune function and hormone synthesis, amongest many other uses2. In fact, zinc is essential for T Helper Cells, probably the most important cells in our immune system.
Furthermore, clinical trials have demonstrated—for decades now—that oral zinc supplementation is an effective remedy for improving wound healing, as one study showed in diabetic foot ulcer patients3.
It has also been demonstrated—all the way back in the nineties!—that there is a strong correlation between zinc status and testosterone levels, with low zinc status associated with low testosterone in young and otherwise healthy men4. Though testosterone is generally considered to be a male hormone, as men have naturally higher concentrations, this hormone is also important for women as well, where it supports sex drive and muscle mass.
Additionally, zinc inhibits activity of an enzyme called 5 alpha-reductase, responsible for the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone. This latter hormone has been linked to benign prostatic hyperplasia.
If this doesn't already sound like the mineral with all the answers, zinc is needed to support important antioxidant enzymes, called superoxide dismutase and metallothionein.
Herbs of Gold Ultra Zinc+ is an exceptionally versatile product that can not only assist with restoring zinc status, but can also be used for the management of a number of health maladies.
- Gibson R.S. and Health A-L.M. Population groups at risk of zinc deficiency in Australia and New Zealand. Nutrition and Dietetics. 2011 Vol 68;2
- Prasad A.S. Zinc in human health: effect of zinc on immune cells. Molecular Medicine. 2008 Vol 14;5-6 p.353-357
- Momen-Heravi M et al. The effects of zinc supplementation on wound healing and metaboic status in patients with diabetic foot ulcer: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Wound Repair and Regeneration. 2017 Vol 25;3 p.512-520
- Prasad A.S., et al. Zinc status and serum testosterone levels of healthy adults. Nutrition. 1996 Vol 12;5 p.344-348
How to Use Herbs of Gold Ultra Zinc+
Adults take 1 capsule daily with food or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Herbs of Gold Ultra Zinc+ Nutritional Information
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
|Zinc (as amino acid chelate)|
|Zinc (as citrate dihydrate)|
|Zinc (as gluconate)|
|TOTAL ELEMENTAL ZINC|
|Magnesium (as amino acid chelate)|
|- Equiv. Pyridoxine (vitamin B6)|
|Vitamin A (as retinyl acetate)|
|- Equiv. retinol equivalents (RE)|
Does not contain added egg, milk, peanut, tree nut or animal products, yeast, gluten, lactose, artificial colourings, flavourings or preservatives.