Herbs of Gold Organic Iron Max
- Bioavailable Organic Iron
- Maintain Healthy Hemoglobin
- For the Management of Iron Deficiency
- Contains Synergistic Spirulina and Spinach
Herbs of Gold Organic Iron Max contains a range of B Vitamins, including Vitamin B12 and Folic Acid, as well as Vitamin C, Spinach and Spirulina, and importantly, a bioavailable form of iron called Ferrochel®.
It has been known for decades that Vitamin C enhances the absorption of non-heme iron, which is believed to occur via the prevention of insoluble iron compounds, and the reduction of ferric to ferrous iron1.
Furthermore, the Ferrochel® form of iron used in this product is of a high bioavailability, as it is in the amino acid chelate form. This chelated form of iron has also demonstrated a low level of side effects and the ability to elevate iron levels very well2, making Herbs of Gold Organic Iron Max a great choice for iron support.
Though we tend to think of iron as important for blood health and the treatment of anemia, Iron is an important nutrient for numerous processes in the body, such as immune function and nitric oxide metabolism3. It is also essential for nerve myelination in the brain and neurotransmitter balance. So when our diets are deficient, or when blood loss is high such as with heavy menstrual bleeds or open wounds, the loss of iron impacts a great deal more than simply hemoglobin.
Herbs of Gold Organic Iron Max contains 24mg of elemental iron per tablet, in a bioavailable form, also supplying important B Vitamins to assist with its metabolism.
- Hallberg L et al. The role of vitamin C in iron absorption. International Journal for Vitamin and Nutrition Research, 1989 Vol 30 p.103-108
- Rojas M.L. et al. Effectiveness of iron amino acid chelate versus ferrous sulfate as part of a food complement in preschool children with iron deficiency. Biomedica : revista del Instituto Nacional de Salud, 2013 Vol 33;3 p.350-60
- Kim J and Wessling-Resnick M. Iron and Mechanisms of Emotional Behaviour. The Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry, 2015 Vol 25;11 p.1101-1107
Herbs of Gold Organic Iron Max is Great For:
- Iron Deficient Diets
- Mennorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeds)
- Vegan and Vegetarian Diets
How to Use Herbs of Gold Iron Max
Take 1 tablet daily with meals, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Herbs of Gold Iron Max Nutritional Information
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
|Iron (as amino acid chelate) (Ferrochel)|
|Thiamine hydrochloride (Vitamin B1)|
|Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)|
|- Equiv. Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6)|
|Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12)|
|Ascorbic Acid (as Calcium ascorbate dihydrate)(Vitamin C)|
|Arthrospira maxima (Spirulina) powder|
|Spinacia oleracea (Spinach) whole plant powder|
|Does not contain added egg, milk, peanut, tree nut or animal products, yeast, gluten, lactose, artificial colourings, flavourings or preservatives.|