The Echinacea plant is part of the Daisy family and regarded as a crucial herb for supporting the immune system. This herb is regarded as safe and efficaceous for supporting a healthy immune system response and also offers many prophylactic benefits.
- Modulate the Immune System
- Reduce Infection-Related Inflammation
- Assist in Preventing the Common Cold
- Reduce Cold and Flue Severity
Herbs of Gold Echinacea 4000 Complex contains 4 grams of both Echinacea purpurea and Echinacea angustifolia per tablet, which are two of the nine different species idnetified for this genus identified with therapeutic value.
Herbs of Gold Echinacea contains 3,000mg of Echinacea purpurea per tablet, which has been clinically trialled and compared to placebo for the prevention of the common cold, where it was found to have a positive benefit to risk ratio1. In fact, it reduced the number of cold episodes and reduced pain-killer medicated episodes.
Echinacea purpurea has been clinically trialled during the early stages of influenza virus infections and demonstrated to be a useful treatment option2. Furthermore, Echinacea purpurea has shown to have anti-viral and anti-microbial activities, immune modulatory actions, and reduce epithelial cell inflammatory responses to viruses and bacteria3.
Echinacea angustifolia is another species of Echinacea that helps to reduce symptoms during the common cold, and generally support a competent immune response. Herbs of Gold Echinacea contains two therapeutically active herbal medicines, useful for supporting a healthy immune response.
- Jawad M et al. Safety and efficacy profile of Echinacea purpurea to prevent common cold episodes: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Evidence-based complementary and alternative medicine. 2012
- Raus K et al. Effect of an echinacea-based hot drink versus Oseltamivir in influenxa treatment: a randomized, double-blind, double-dummy, multicenter, noninferiority clinical trial. Current therapeutic research, clinical and experiemental. 2015 Vol 77 p.66-72
- Hudson J.B. Applications of the phytomedicine Echinacea purpurea (Purple Coneflower) in infectious diseases. Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology. 2012
How to Use Herbs of Gold Echinacea 4000 Complex
Adults and children over 12 years – Take 1 tablet of Herbs of Gold Echinacea, once or twice daily, with food, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Not to be used in children under two years of age without medical advice.
Herbs of Gold Echinacea 4000 Complex Nutritional Information
Serving Size: 1 Tablet
|Herbal extracts equiv. to dry|
|Echinacea purpurea (Echinacea) whole plant|
|Echinacea angustifolia (Echinacea) root|
Does not contain added egg, wilk, peanut, tree nut or animal products, yeast, gluten, lactose, artificial colourings, flavourings or preservatives.