Herbs of Gold Vitamin B3 500mg
- Provides 500mg of nicotinamide
- Important for energy production
- Involved in the breakdown of carbohydrate, proteins and fats
- Involved in cell-sigalling & DNA synthesis
- Component of the cofactor NAD
Herbs of Gold Vitamin B3 500mg is a high strength vitamin B3 supplement providing 500mg of nicotinamide. Nicotinamide is converted into the active form of niacin in the body, called nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD), a coenzyme essential for energy production. NAD is naturally produced in the body via the citric acid cycle, and is required to assist in the mitochondrial synthesis of ATP, or energy.
Vitamin B3 is required for the breakdown of carbohydrate, proteins and fats to produce energy via cellular respiration. Nicotinamide coenzymes are also involved in cell-signalling and DNA synthesis and repair. Furthermore, evidence suggests that Vitamin B3 may assist in the prevention of cardiovascular disease by a different mechanism than was orginially expected, as B3 has been known to elevate HDL cholesterol 1.
Other reseach indicates that this vitamin may assist in the prevention of migraine and tension headaches 2. Herbs of Gold Vitamin B3 500mg is helpful for a range of maladies, and for supporting energy production via NAD synthesis.
- Lavigne PM and Karas RH. The current state of niacin in cardiovasvular disease prevention. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2013 Vol 61;4
- Prousky J and Seely D. The treatment of migraines and tention-type headaches with intravenous and oral niacin (nicotinic acid): a systematic review of the literature. Nutrition Journal. 2003 Vol 4;3
How to Use Herbs of Gold Vitamin B3 500mg
Adults - Take 1 tablet daily, with food or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Herbs of Gold Vitamin B3 500mg Nutritional Information
Serving Size: 1 Tablet
|Nicotinamide (Vitamin B3)|
|Does not contain added egg, milk, peanut, soy, tree nut or animal products, yeast, gluten, lactose, artificial colourings, flavourings or preservatives.|