ATP Science L-Citrulline Malate
- Reduced Muscle Soreness
- Enhanced Muscle Pump
- Improved Nutrient Dellivery
- Increase Anaerobic Endurance
- Vegan Friendly
How would you like to bench more? How about 52.9% more? Maybe bench pressing more volume is not your thing. Would you like to leg press more ... or even just leave the gym with a fuller pump? If so, Citrulline Malate has got you covered! It's the Iron Man in shining armour—let's face it, who need knights anymore. Citrulline Malate was studied way back in 2010 for its ability to influence bench press performance over eight gruelling sets at 80% of their 1 repitition max, which led to 52.9% more volume being lifted1.
Furthermore, there was a decrease in delayed onset muscle soreness of 40%, which when you take into consideration the fact that the treatment group lifted more, is impressive indeed. Another study carried out in 2017 highlighted the ability of Citrulline Malate to increase leg press performance, whereby participants were able to perform 66.7 repititions, compared to 55.1 repititions for the placebo group2. Interestingly, both clinical trials used a dosage of 8 grams before exercise. ATP Science L-Citrulline Malate is a 100% pure GMO-free powder.
ATP Science L-Citrulline Malate supplementation is an effective way to increase blood arginine levels. In fact, Citrulline Malate works better than Arginine itself, as the latter amino acid suffers heavily during oral uptake due to a high first-pass effect3. And why would we want to elevate our arginine levels?
Well, simply because this valuable conditionally-essential amino acid is a building block for nitric oxide, the gas that dilates blood vessels. And when blood vessels are dilated, we have more blood flowing to our peripheries, and muscle too. And with blood goes oxygen, glucose and amino acids, all of the ingredients needed for enhanced performance. As the research suggests, this strategy is effective.
ATP Science L-Citrulline Malate is a great way to support a natural increase in performance, simply by modulating our biochemistry. The benefits of Nitric Oxide enhancement go well beyond their use in the gym though, extending to supporting peripheral circulation and potentially reducing elevated blood pressure.
- Perez-Guisado J and Jakeman P. Citrulline malate enhances athletic anaerobic performance and relieves muscle soreness. The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. 2012 Vol 24;5 p.1215-1222
- Glenn J.M. et al. Acute citrulline malate supplementation improves upper- and lower-body submaximal weightlifting exercise performance in resistance-trained females. European Journal of Nutrition. 2017 Vol 56;2 p.775-784
- Agarwal U et al. Supplemental citrulline is more efficient than arginine in increasing systemic arginine availability in mice. The Journal of Nutrition. 2017 Vol 147;4 p.596-602
ATP Science L-Citrulline Malate is Great For:
- Weightlifters and Strength Trainers
- HIIT Training and Crossfit
- Power Athletes and Sports, such as Sprinters.
- Poor Peripheral Circulation
- Erectile Dysfunction (Circulation-related)
How to Use ATP Science L-Citrulline Malate
For best results take 8 grams of L-Citrilline Malate before exercise. Begin on a lower dose (2-4 grams) in order to assess gastric tolerance.
INGREDIENTS: 100% L-Citrulline Malate (2:1).
This product is free from Gluten and Sugar, and is GMO Free.