Advantages: Easy to absorb, very gentle on stomach ( especially those like myself who aren't necessarily vegan, but have issues with dairy/whey ), great taste.
Disadvantages: The Prana packets are fiddly as they are essentially a soft bag - hard to use, especially when the quantity of product gets lower. Minor gripe.
Prana Phyto Fire Protein is a clean, plant-based protein containing key ingredients to help you build lean muscle and shred unwanted body fat. This product supports the body's vital energy or "prana" with raw, alkaline protein sources ... GET YOUR PRANA ON!
Phyto Fire Protein delivers 28g protein per serve from raw, golden pea protein and fermented brown rice protein. These quality protein sources are combined with Prana's advanced thermogenic and metabolic-boosting formula which supports your fat loss goals by targeting areas such as appetite control.
Key Thermogenic Ingredients:
- Matcha Green Tea delivers a natural caffeine boost and is rich in theanine. Green tea contains EGCG, a natural fat-burning nutrient that supports the metabolism. Matcha Green Tea in Phyto Fire Protein also helps reduce the damage caused by oxidative stress due to its potent antioxidant effects.
- Acetyl L-Carnitine is a great additon to any weight-loss protein powder. Acetyl L-Carnitine is a fat transporter and helps mobilise fat for use as an energy source for your muscles. In short acetyl l-carinitine lets you utilise your fat to fuel your muscles for improved energy.
- Green Coffee Bean is basically raw coffee before it has been roasted to make the beverage. Odds are, you've got one in your hand right now! This natural plant contains chlorogenic acids, antioxidants and natural caffeine, which gently nudge the metabolism in the right direction.
- Medium Chain Triglycerides or MCTs provide a fast-acting energy source for muscles and brain. Along with Acetyl L-Carnitine, these nutrients can reduce the brain-fog associated with calorie restriction.
- Choline and inositol are lipotropics important for the correct metabolism of fats.
- Turmeric contains curcumin, which is one of the most potent natural anti-inflammatorys yet discovered! Fat cells actually release inflammatory cytokines which can exacerbate insulin resistance. Fighting inflammation can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
- Guarrana powder is a powerful herbal medicine that stimulates fat-burning, containing natural caffeine and a range of beneficial phytochemicals.
How to Use Phyto Fire Protein
Depending on your protein needs, mix half to one scoop (20g-40g) in 250-400ml of cold water and shake, stir or blend. This product also tastes great in almond, soy, rice milk or coconut water. Ideally, take 2 servings per day, one in the morning and one early afternoon.
Phyto Fire Protein Review
PROS: This is a great dairy free, vegan protein powder suitable for anyone avoiding whey protein or other dairy products. This is a great formula to tackle weight loss from multiple angles, including the addition of proven fat loss ingredients such as Guarana that are rarely included in other thermogenic protein powder formulas. It contains digestive enzymes, like protease, to promote absorption and utilisation.
CONS: If you're not used to plant protein you may find the consistency a little grainy. This is quite normal and as yet, unavoidable, in the vegan protein powder world. However, this is one of the least grainy we have ever tested and it did mix well.
VERDICT: Phyto Fire Protein is a great formula to assist your fat loss or physique goals. It also comes in great flavours. These are great alternatives to the standard vanilla and chocolate flavours. Our favourite is Dark Chocolate, but they're definitely all winning flavours! We definitely give this one a solid rating of 4.8/5.
Prana On Phyto Fire Protein Nutritional Information
Serving Size: 40g (Dark Chocolate Flavour)
|Matcha Green Tea|
|Green Coffee Bean|
|Medium Chain Triglycerides|
DARK CHOCOLATE FLAVOUR
INGREDIENTS: Pea Protein, Rice Protein, Coconut MCT Powder, Natural Chocolate Flavour, Cocoa Powder (3.8%), Sweetener (Steviol Glycosides, Monk Fruit Extract), Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum, Organic Matcha Green Tea, Himalayan Salt, Caffeine Anhydrous, Acetyl L-Carnitine, Green Coffee Bean Extract, Digestive Enzyme Blend (Protease, Amylase, Lipase, Cellulase, Lactase), Guarana. Turmeric Powder, Inositol, Choline.