ATP Science Infrared is a carbohydrate-based pre-workout powder offering a range of ergogenic amino acids and electrolytes, with beetroot powder and Schisandra extract. Infrared is stimulant-free and designed to enhance stamina, strength and overall performance with the power of natural ingredients to support a range of biochemical reactions, including nitric oxide production and anaerobic ATP synthesis.
- Boost Energy without Caffeine.
- Support Nitric Oxide Synthesis.
- Lactate Buffering System.
- Hydrating Minerals.
- with Creatine and Malic Acid.
ATP Science Infrared is a powerhouse blend of nutrients, including amino acids, carbohydrates, phytonutrients, electrolytes and herbal extracts, to ensure that your training has maximal nutritional support. After all, we all want to get the most out of the time and effort that we put in, whether it be on the sports field or in the gym, moving some iron.
This is where ATP Science INFRARED comes into the equation. And that equation is Effort + Time + Nutrition = Results. INFRARED beefs-up (or leafs-up, for vegans) the nutrition portion of this delightful mathematical equation.
ATP Infrared contains some nitric oxide enhancers, which are natural nitrates and citrulline. These two nitric oxide boosters support the nitric oxide pathway via two independant enzymatic processes. Citrulline is an amino acid that is an excellent elevator of blood arginine levels, which is then used as a building block for nitric oxide1.
Numerous clinical trials have been conducted, indicating that citrulline is a helpful ergogenic aid. One study demonstrated that supplementation led to 52.9% more bench press volume, and 40% less delayed onset muscle soreness2.
Nitric oxide is actually a gas that is synthesized in the body. It has the role of relaxing the smooth muscles of the blood vessels, which causes the blood vessels to dilate, allowing more blood to pass through with each contraction of the heart. And with more blood to muscle tissue comes more nutrients to support performance, such as oxygen, glucose and amino acids. This can be compared to the accelerator in a car that allows more fuel to reach the engine. Beetroot contains other natural nitric oxide enhancers, called nitrates, which provide a different kind of building block for nitric oxide synthesis than does arginine (via citrulline)3.
An electrolyte blend has also been included in ATP Infrared, as well as carbohydrates to enhance hydration, and a small amount of naturally-occurring fructose in the honey power, which increases gastric emptying. A small amount of carbohydrates are not to be underestimated as a powerful performance aid, not just in supporting hydration, but also by creating an insulin surge which drives amino acids into muscle cells. Insulin is actually a powerful natural anabolic hormone. Magnesium is an important part of the electrolyte blend, required for muscular relaxation and maintaining insulin sensitivity.
Furthermore, ATP Infrared contains the carnosine boosting beta alanine, VO2-enhancing trimethylglycine, creatine for explosive strength and power, and the powerful adaptogenic herb Schisandra.
ATP Science INFRARED truly is a well-rounded sports performance supporter worthy of the most elite athlete.
- Agarwal U et al. Supplemental citrulline is more efficient than arginine in increasing systemic arginine availability in mice. The Journal of Nutrition. 2017 Vol 147;4 p.596-602
- Perez-Guisado J and Jakeman P. Citrulline malate enhances athletic anaerobic performance and relieves muscle soreness. The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. 2012 Vol 24;5 p.1215-1222
- Lidder Satnam and Webb AJ. Vascular effects of dietary nitrate (as found in green leafy vegetables and beetroot) via the nitrate-nitrite-nitric oxide pathway. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. 2013 Vol 75;3 p.677-696
ATP Science Infrared can help you:
- Go harder for longer with less pain
- Improve power
- Improve endurance
- Enhance vasodilation of peripheral vasculature to enhance blood flow to your muscles and brain
Enhance stamina and endurance and delay onset of fatigue and weakness by:
- Enhancing genuine energy production
- Buffering metabolic waste
- Reducing the production of metabolic waste
- Enhancing intramuscular antioxidants and acidity buffers
- Supplement, support, restore and maintain electrolyte balance for ideal intracellular: extracellular water ratio.
How to Use ATP Science Infrared
Mix 3 heaped scoops (36g) into 500ml of cold water and consume before, during or after exercise or as advised by your personal trainer or physician.
ATP Science Infrared Nutritional Information
Serving Size: 36g (3 Heaped Scoops)
ATP Infrared Ingredients: ATP Science Carb Blend (Dextrose, Maltodextrin, High Molecular Weight Rice Amylopectin, Honey Powder, Beta Vulgaris (Beetroot) Powder, Silica, Citrulline Malate, Beta Alanine, ATP Science Electrolyte Blend (Magnesium L-Aspartate, Sodium Citrate, Potassium L-Aspartate, Calcium Citrate), Creatinol-O-Phosphate, Malic Acid, Schisandra Berry Extract, Betaine Anhydrous (Trimethylglycine), Stevia.