Psychon GAT Pre-Workout
- 8.2g Citrulline Malate 2:1
- Enhance Workout Intensity
- Boost Mood and Focus
- Buffer Lactic Acid
Psychon is one of the few pre-workout formulations that offers clinical dosages of citrulline malate 2:1, perfectly formulated to deliver results. After all, there isn't much use supplementing 500mg of a safe and natural compound when researchers are giving their athletes 8,000mg. That's sixteen times the dosage! This is what makes GAT stand head-and-shoulders above the rest (and they're big shoulders too). Real results obtained through correct dosing. One group of researchers tested citrulline malate 2:1 on a study group, showing that at 8 grams bench press volume could be boosted by an average of 53%, with 40% less delayed onset muscle soreness1.
Pretty impressive for an amino acid! Another study found that Citrulline Malate 2:1—at an 8g dosage—could increase leg press volume from 55.1 reps to 66.7 reps2. Both of these studies used placebo for comparative purposes, as the power of the mind to boost performance is strong. The use of placebo helps scientists subtract the mind-over-matter effect from the compound being tested to give a more accurate understanding of how potent it is.
Citrulline has been shown to boost blood arginine levels more effectively than arginine itself3. Arginine is used as a precursor for nitric oxide synthesis, which assists with nutrient delivery to muscle tissue during exercise, and also the removal of waste products, such as lactic acid.
Psychon GAT Pre-Workout also contains the branched chain amino acids leucine, isoleucine and valine, which have been shown to reduce delayed onset muscle soreness and markers of muscle damage4,5. Ideally, BCAAs are taken before exercise, or towards the first half of the session. This way these amino acids can get from the gut to the blood, and then to muscles where they exert their effect. After all, we want these effects to be active in our system while we are training.
Furthermore, Psychon contains N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine, an acetylated form of the conditionally essential amino acid tyrosine, which finds its way into the brain, supporting acetylcholine synthesis. Tyrosine is also important for dopamine, noradrenaline and adrenaline synthesis. The net effect of this is more focus, energy, a better mood, and even enhanced memory and learning ability. After all, learning new techinques in sports and exercise can be a tricky affair. Fear not, Psychon GAT Pre-Workout has got you covered!
Psychon also contains Beta-Alanine, supporting carnosine synthesis, creatine and a host of other therapeutically active nutrients. This product is designed for individuals who want to take a product that gives real clinical doses, so they can attain real results. Do you want to get brutally psyched and turned into some kind of biomech warrior? Well, this product wont do this. But it will help. And according to the science that GAT Psychon is based upon, it will help a lot.
Formulated for serious athletes and the weekend punter who wants to make the most out of their sessions, Psychon is a jam-packed mega-dosed performance nutraceutical, perfect for the heaviest sessions.
- Perez-Guisado J and Jakeman P. Citrulline malate enhances athletic anaerobic performance and relieves muscle soreness. The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. 2012 Vol 24;5 p.1215-1222
- Glenn J.M. et al. Acute citrulline malate supplementation improves upper- and lower-body submaximal weightlifting exercise performance in resistance-trained females. European Journal of Nutrition. 2017 Vol 56;2 p.775-784
- Agarwal U et al. Supplemental citrulline is more efficient than arginine in increasing systemic arginine availability in mice. The Journal of Nutrition. 2017 Vol 147;4 p.596-602
- Ra S.G. et al. Effect of BCAA supplement timing on exercise-induced muscle soreness and damage: a pilot placebo-controlled double-blind study. The Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness. 2017 September 22
- Kim D-H et al. Effect of BCAA intake during endurance exercises on fatigue substances, muscle damage substances, and energy metabolism substances. Journal of Exercise Nutrition and Biochemistry. 2013 Vol 17;4 p.169-180
How to Use Psychon GAT Pre-Workout
Mix one scoop with 250-300ml cold water and consume 15-30 minutes before workouts. Best not to exceed one scoop within a 24 hour perdiod.
GAT Psychon Nutritional Information
Serving Size: 26.6g (1 Scoop)
|Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCL)|
|Magnesium (as Magnesium Oxide)|
|Zinc (as TRAACSR Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate)|
|Sodium (as Sodium Chloride)|
|L-Citrulline Malate 2:1|
|BCAA MATRIX 2:1:1|
|L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine|
|CreapureR Creatine Monohydrate|
|Black Pepper Extract (Piper nigrum) Bioperine 50:1|
|OTHER INGREDIENTS: Natural and Artificial Flavours, Malic Acid, Maltodextrin, Silicon Dioxide, Sucralose, Calcium Silicate, Citric Acid, Acesulfame-Km FD&C Red #40.|
This product is not intended to treat, cure or prevent any disease.
This product has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration.