Body Science have done it again, delivering a 100% plant-based product that tastes absolutely amazing! These protein balls deliver a vegan protein blend of soy, rice and pea protein, ensuring every essential amino acid is delivered in abundance.
- Natural Source of EAAs and BCAAs
- Support Muscle Protein Synthesis
- Low Carbohydrate Content
- GMO Free
- High Fibre Content
The power of plant protein is fully realised in these delicious BSc Vegan Protein Balls. With 3 different vegan proteins, all of your amino acid needs are covered. Not only do these proteins stack up to dairy-protein, like whey, when it comes to nutritional analysis, but there is also a growing body of research (human studies) showing that they are just as helpful in meeting the needs of human nutrition.
Pea Protein has an excellent essential amino acid content and promotes adaptation to exercise just as well as whey protein as a result 1,2. Pea Protein is also a good source of fibre.
Rice Protein boosts blood amino acid levels and improves indices of body composition and performance when taken after exercise. And according to scientific research on humans, it does all of this just as well as whey protein 3,4.
Soy Protein: Friend or Foe?
Despite the less than optimistic light that this legume is often seen in, it does have a lengthy body of research behind it. In fact, it has been studied better than any other vegan protein to date.
A study dating back to 1985 showed that soy protein was nearly as effective as whey hydrolysate, and much more effective than casein protein 5. Hydrolysed whey protein is regarded to be more effective than standard whey protein isolate.
More recent studies (2006-2016) into the humble soy bean (on humans) have indicated that soy foods do not adversely affect thyroid function or thyroid hormone supplements 6. Additional studies show that soy protein may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease, breast and prostate cancer 7.
BSc Vegan Protein Balls Benefits
These plant-based protein balls are the perfect snack for on the go or post-workout recovery. Containing quality vegan protein from multiple sources, these balls are fantastic for supporting a vegan diet or anyone with increased protein needs. This makes them ideal for athletes, bodybuilders and people engaged in regular activity.
2. Babault N et al. Pea proteins oral supplementation promotes muscle thickness gains during resistance training: a double-blind, randomized, Placebo-controlled clinical trial vs. Whey protein. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 2015 Vol 12;3
3. Purpura M et al. A comparison of blood amino acid concentrations following ingestion of rice and whey protein isolate: a double blind crossover study. Journal of Nutrition and Health Sciences. 2014 Vol 1;3
5. Tang JE et al. Ingestion of whey hydrolysate, casein, or soy protein isolate: effects on mixed muscle protein synthesis at rest and following resistance exercise in young men. Journal of Applied Physiology. 1985 Vol 107;3 p.987-992
6. Messina M and Redmond G. Effects of soy protein and soybean isoflavones on thyroid function in healthy adults and hypothyroid patients: a review of the relevant literature. Thyroid. 2006 Vol 16;3 p.249-258
Body Science BSc Vegan Protein Balls Nutritional Information
Serving Size: 60g (1 Package)
INGREDIENTS: Vegan Protein Blend (Soy Protein Isolate, Rice Protein Isolate, Pea Protein Isolate), No Added Sugar Real Dark Chocolate (Cocoa Liquor, Cocoa Butter, Sweetener [Maltitol], Emulsifier [Sunflower Lecithin, Polyglycerol Polyricinoleate], Natural Vanilla Flavour), Soluble Corn Fibre, Sweetener (Sorbitol), Almonds (6.5%), Humectant (Glycerol), Soy Protein Nuggets, Bananas (3.5%), Sunflower Oil, Umilsifier (Sot Lecithin), Salt, Natural Colour (Beta Carotene), Natural Flavour, Antioxidant (Vitamin E), Sweetener (Steviol Glycosides).
ALLERGEN DECLARATION: This product contains Soybeans and Tree Nuts.
Made on equipment which processes Milk, Peanuts and Sesame Seeds (these allergens may be present)